Sunday, June 29, 2008

D is for Doughnuts...sorta





My not so little guy asked for some doughnuts. While most people would have jumped in their cars and headed for the nearest DD or KK, he asked if we could make ours. Of course, I replied. We always have canned biscuits in the pantry because of their million and one uses, so how could I say no.

I first got my peanut oil and added about an inch of this into my medium-sized pot. While this was getting up to temperature, I popped open the can and JC prepped the biscuits.

JC used a decorator's tip and made the holes in the biscuits. When the oil was hot, I put them in two at a time and kept flipping them until they were golden in color. When they were all done, I dropped the centers in and made doughnut holes for myself-cook's treat! I let them cool on a rack. While they were cooling, I made a powdered sugar glaze , JC dipped them and placed back on the rack glazed side up for it to set a bit. The doughnut "holes" were coated w/ sugar and cinnamon. We had a great time making these together. I really enjoy cooking w/ my other man of the house. Here's a pic of the fruits of our labor....







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those doughnuts look LUSCIOUS!!!! I love doughnuts and could eat every single stikin' one on that plate! I'm thinking it will be doughnuts at my house this weekend.

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Those look sooooo good!

I didn't use the $5/$35 - we didn't get it in my area! For some reason we never do ;(

Have a great weekend!