Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Latest "Cookbook"

Any one that knows me, knows that I loves me some cookbooks. I will sit and read them like magazines and novels. SAD, I know!! This one



is my latest that I got for Christmas. I tried a recipe from it on today, and must say that this will be one of my go-to dessert "cookbooks". I put it in quotations because it relies on pre-made items like cake mixes and frozen cookie doughs to complete the desired dessert. What I also like about this book is that it gives you a pantry list of items to have on hand to better use this book. It even comes w/ the ability to stand, so no more pages flipping while trying to read the directions.

The recipe I tried today was the Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. Now, I've made cheesecakes before, so this was pretty straightforward. I did make some changes b/c DH doesn't care for chocolate like I do (SIGH). So, instead of a chocolate chip crust, I used sugar cookie dough and omitted the chocolate chips. Overall, a very delish cheesecake. It's even better when you add carmel sauce to it! I will post the recipe for the carmel sauce very soon. This pic was taken as a piece was walking out my door to my neighbor's house.


Until next time,


Happy cooking!






No comments: