Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Week of Dinners and My Own Take-Out

Okay, so if your Mexican restaurants are like mine in my neighborhood-DELICIOUS- then you already know how difficult it will be to get in on May 5. So, we will have our Cinco De Mayo celebration.

Double-stuffed tacos- a recipe that I found from All You, page 116, with a few modifications. First, I will be using veggie crumbles, instead of meat. This recipe will be just a gauge to go by. To go with the tacos, we will have the rest of the black bean salsa, guacamole and yellow rice(will cook extra rice for stir fry later in the week)

Spaghetti with meatballs w/ whole wheat pasta & mixed green salad

Trio salad- tuna salad, pasta salad and chicken salad (made from leftover chicken)

Chicken fried rice-using leftover chicken from Saturday's rotisserie chicken

There is a recipe that I have been mulling over as my other half has never tasted gnocchi. He doesn't care for tomate-based sauces too much, so I may swap out one dish from my list for gnocchi with yellow tomato sauce from Publix Apron's. If you ever need some inspiration, you should check out that site.

Will let you know how all of this turns out.

Happy Cooking!!

No comments: