Saturday, May 10, 2008

Fun with My Guy....


I can honestly say that my little guy keeps me on my toes. I have come to learn that children think that parents can make ANYTHING!!! With that said.....here's some crafts to make and do with your little kitchen helpers right from your pantry.

Homemade Fingerpaints

Materials:

2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 cups cold water
1/4 clear dishawshing liquid
Food coloring or food coloring paste

Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a small pan, then slowly add the water. Cook over low heat, stirring until the mixture becomes smooth, almost a clear gel (about 5 minutes). When the mixture is cool, stir in the dishwashing liquid. Scoop equal amounts into containers and stir in the food coloring or food coloring paste.

Play Clay

Materials:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup salt
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Food coloring or cake decorating paste

Mix the flour, water, salt, oil and cream of tartar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it holds together (keep stirring or it will stick to the pan). When the clay is cool enough to touch, knead it on a floured surface, divide it into smaller balls and add a different shade of coloring to each ball. Store in an airtight container.

These are the two that we do the most. I have some others to share, but now I am being paged......

Enjoy!

No comments: