Thursday, June 4, 2009

Recipe Review



So I tried the "Perfect Fried Chicken" from Pam Anderson's The Perfect Recipe. Now, I know fried chicken a time or five, so this was a no brainer.
The recipe was very easy to follow and she explains in great detail her method to her madness. I like the idea of soaking said chicken in buttermilk and using plain flour instead of self-rising flour. I also like that once the chicken is floured, letting it sit on a wire rack before frying. She suggests using shortening instead of oil to reduce the "smell" that one gets when frying chicken. That worked as well.

Overall, a great recipe. But, if you have one that works for you, keep doing what you do. On to the next one....Oh, sorry for not having pics, the family devoured it before I could snap one!


No comments: