Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Concept-at Least to Me

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. I think that I learned that trying to maintain two blogs is some WORK!!

While surfing one evening and reading one of my favorite blogs, I happened upon a concept. It's not new, it just never dawned on ME.

I have 50 million cookbooks, okay not that many, and have only referred to them every now and then. For one month, you take a particular cookbook and prepare recipes from it. Next month, a different cookbook, so on and so on.

I haven't really purchased any new cookbooks lately (insert gasp) but I have had my eye on few that I would like to add to the shelf. So for now, I'll work with what I've got. For June, my choice will be The Perfect Recipe by Pam Anderson.

Using this concept will take some planning on my part, so this will be a challenge. But, I've reached a point that I'm now cooking the same things over and over and I need to change it up a bit.

At the request of DH, and because he doesn't get it often, my first venture will be Rediscovering Fried Chicken. Yes, I know that I've fried chicken a time or five hundred, but this is the perfect recipe........

Happy cooking

Happy cooking!

No comments: