Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oh Baby it's HOT Outside!!!


If you have been in front of television lately, you would know how hot it has been here in the South. So hot, that I could not bear to even turn on my oven. Needless to say, the crockpot's gotten a great workout and DH has eaten lots of salads.


Here's one that I cranked out one evening when I really didn't feel like cooking at all. DH said that he would "find" himself something to eat so I didn't have to worry about dinner. When he said that, I decided that I would eat a salad. Checked the freezer and pantry and came up w/ a chicken tender salad.

I rolled the chicken tenders in an egg white then coated them w/ crushed cornflakes seasoned w/ a salt-free all-purpose seasoning. I pan-fried them in canola oil and placed them on a rack to cool. Then put the salad together. When it was finished, DH decided that he couldn't "find" anything to eat so he ate some salad. I made a honey mustard dressing to go w/.
Honey Mustard Dresssing-my way
All are to taste...
prepared yellow mustard
honey
sour cream
light mayo
Sitr it all up and give it a taste
Happy cooking and stay cool!!!

No comments: